Boaz B. Feldman, MSc, SEP
Clinical Psychologist, Trainer & Contemplative
Founder of NeuroSystemics
This course will not include CEs. Our upcoming recorded live events will be available here free for members and non-members who register for them, as is the case here. Members and event registrants can use their discount code to watch this event free.
Modern neuroscience offers evidence to show correlates between brain regions stimulated during deep spiritual insight and trauma. A close study of these similarities can help both somatic therapists and meditation practitioners explore more skillfully states of immobility, overwhelm and fragmentation to help nervous system regulation, integration, insight and transcendence. The three skills of (i) therapeutic presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion are essential here.
This workshop will present NeuroSystemics' conceptual framework integrating the latest neuroscientific data along with the stages of meditative development in the Buddhist tradition. We will also get to experience some expansive non-dual meditation practices and learn techniques to integrate these in therapeutic sessions with clients.
The Main Points of This Workshop:
▪ Deep spiritual insight and trauma shares neural correlates
▪ Working with somatic trauma healing offers potential for transformative psycho-spiritual insight, rather than to re-traumatize
▪ Three skills of (i) therapeutic presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion will be described and practiced
▪ The NeuroSystemics Dharma Program integrates both the latest neuroscientific data with Buddhist models of the mind
Participants will be able to:
• describe relationships between trauma states and psycho-spiritual insight
• work with their clients using therapeutic tools of (i) presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion
• practice moments of meditation and non-verbal processing in session with their clients
• explain what makes a somatic approach safe to work with trauma
• practice 3 ways to support clients resilience before they enter into traumatic states
Welcome and Announcements
Introduce Topic and Speaker
Demo: Explanation, Live demo, Questions
Meditation practice: space
Small group sharing - breakout session
Gratitude meditation closing
Overtime - Window of Tolerance Discussion (Time after event to connect with members and facilitator to engage in this topic and more).