The Possibilities of Virtual Touch Course
Its Power, Value and Benefit
- Free 1 hour bonus demo video included with this course!
- Get 2 CE credits while learning about a method for Transformative Virtual Touch. Coming Soon!
- BECOME A MEMBER. Non-members are better off to join the USABP. For a little more money paid as a member - instead of as a course registrant - you can participate in 12 plus upcoming webinars FREE and get access to our library of webinars and much more - including our international peer reviewed somatic journal on somatic psychology and practices.
Main Points of Workshop
• There is a myriad of ways that we touch and are touched.
• Virtual touch allows clients to tap into their natural somatic abilities to discern and differentiate.
• Virtual touch has a positive orienting effect on the practitioner as well as the client.
• Somatic proprioceptive language is essential in doing virtual touch.
• Virtual touch places us in a somatic relationship with our clients as opposed to just being providers of awareness.
• In virtual touch, the focus is on the expanse as well as the depth.
• Step-by-step instruction to introduce virtual touch in your sessions.
Participants will be able to:
1. Incorporate the beginning steps of virtual touch into their sessions.
2. Use touch words that speak directly to the proprioceptive system of the body.
3. Identify three examples of somatic discernment that are essential to healing.
4. Describe the positive orienting effect of virtual touch.
5. Differentiate the relational aspect of virtual touch from self-directed body awareness
Touching is at the heart and soul of everything we do at The Somatic Therapy Center. We teach our clients as well as our students that touch is a full-contact therapeutic endeavor. Translated practically into our work as practitioners of Transformative Touch, this means we touch our clients with our hands as well as our hearts, our souls, our presence, and our words. Touch is woven into every moment of contact with our clients.
Covid’s arrival has disrupted one of the ways that we touch our clients, that is, physically with our hands. This loss of physical contact creates tremendous anxiety because gentle, caring touch is the bedrock of safety. It allows for and promulgates the release of oxytocin which is a critical hormone that ameliorates sensations of feeling unsafe.
In response to this loss, we turned to the myriad of other ways we could still provide touch for our clients to bridge the isolation that sheltering at home was creating. In March, when our physical offices had to close their doors, we opened up the exploration of sending our Transformative Touch through the airwaves in our phone and Zoom sessions. We were thrilled to discover that virtual touch worked. Most of our clients reported feeling the same sensations of connection to their bodies as the literal touch we had been providing in the office pre-covid. The next discovery was that even new clients, who had never had a Transformative Touch session before were also able to feel the touch and tune into their body's innate guidance. This has opened up the world in a way we had never imagined before. We are now doing virtual sessions across the globe and have come to the recognition that virtual touch is an efficient and effective way to heal during Covid times and even when Covid becomes a distant memory. Possibilities abound!
In this presentation, we are excited to share with you the possibilities, value, benefits of using virtual touch. We will provide simple step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate the beginning experience of touch into your sessions. A significant portion of the webinar will be dedicated to each of you having an experience of virtual touch.
Joe has a professional background in: designing and implementing group training programs; leading workshops, seminars, and teaching courses for educational institutions and professional associations; conducting individual, family, and group psychotherapeutic counseling sessions.
Bonus Virtual Touch Training
Available in days
days after you enroll
Available in days
days after you enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.