This course will cover the basics of focusing as developed by Gendlin, including experiential guidance so you can bring the essence of this gentle yet powerful practice into your body. Dr. Leslie Ellis will describe how focusing opens the doorway to implicit embodied knowledge, including early relational patterns and trauma. She will then describe how dreams and focusing powerfully combine to unearth information about what are bodies are trying to tell us NOW. According to Gendlin, dreams bring “just what you need” and focusing is a way to capture their helpful, “life-forward” essence.
Main points of the course:
- An overview and experience of focusing
- Understanding focusing as a doorway to implicit knowing
- How focusing helps unearth and tend to trauma in the body
- An introduction to focusing-oriented dreamwork
- Finding the ‘help’ or life force in the dream
- Experiential practice or demo of focusing dreamwork
- Questions and discussion
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the history and basics steps of Gendlin’s focusing
- Understand and begin to apply focusing as a way to access embodied implicit memory
- Describe how focusing naturally moves a person forward in an organic way
- Understand how to use focusing to work with a dream (or daydream)
- Understand how to find the helpful ‘life-forward’ energy in dreams
Course Costs and CEU Fees:
This Course is available for $45. For an additional $15 processing fee you can receive 2 CE credits for this course. USABP Members do not have pay the $45 dollar course fee. Use your member discount code during the check out process. Contact [email protected] for your member discount code. Members do have to pay the CE processing fee. NOT A MEMBER and WANT THE DISCOUNT? Join us.
Dr. Leslie Ellis is a teacher, author, speaker and psychotherapist. She offers online dreamwork instruction based on her book, A Clinician’s Guide to Dream Therapy as well as individual dreamwork sessions and training in somatic approaches to psychotherapy. She teaches a two-year certification program in focusing. Leslie has a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology and a Masters from Pacific Graduate Institute. She is vice president and a Certifying Coordinator with The International Focusing Institute. She conducts research into embodied dreamwork and has numerous publication and speaking credits.